stellarraven

Jennifer's Books

The Picture of Dorian Gray (Dramatized)
Ian Hallard, Aysha Kala, Big Finish Productions, Oscar Wilde, Marcus Hutton, James Unsworth, Alexander Vlahos, Miles Richardson, David Llewellyn
Progress: 34%
Out of this World
J.D. Robb, Maggie Shayne, Susan Krinard, Laurell K. Hamilton
Progress: 92/357pages

My (tentative) Halloween Bingo Reading List

(And I am totally not saying I will be able to read all these, but an attempt will be made.)

Read by candlelight or flashlight - Vengeance in Death by J.D. Robb (it is in the mystery genre)

Magical Realism - The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly (I saw it on a magical realism list on GR, and since I already owned it, I went with it.)

Witches - Shadow Spell by Nora Roberts (witches in the book)

Genre: Horror - The Picture Frame by Iain Rob Wright (picked this up awhile back when it was free...I have no idea what to expect)

Black cat - Ceremony in Death  by J.D. Robb (black cat on cover)

Diverse authors can be spooky fun- Spook Lights: Southern Gothic Horror by Eden Royce (the phrase 'Southern Gothic Horror' is just delighting me)

Ghost stories and haunted houses - Mrs. Zant and the Ghost (audiobook) by Wilkie Collins (got this awhile back when audible had it for free)

Young adult horror - I Know What You Did Last Summer by Lois Duncan

Scary Women (Authors) - Frankenstein (audiobook) by Mary Shelley

Reads with (Booklikes) friends - Ammie, Come Home by Barbara Michaels

Grave or graveyard - Blood Ties by Kay Hooper (graveyard on the cover)

Genre: Mystery - The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Free Space - The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells (picked up as a kindle freebie)

Gothic - Dark Desires by Eve Silver (picked up awhile back as a kindle freebie)

Creepy Crawlies - The Adventure of the Speckled Band by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"Fall" into a good book - Night Falls Darkly by Kim Lenox ("Fall" in the title)

Locked room mystery - The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie

It was a dark and stormy night - And Then There Were None (audiobook) by Agatha Christie

Set in New England - The Dark Half by Stephen King (will have to go to the library for this one)

Full Moon - Ravenwood by Margaux Gillis (picked up awhile back as a kindle freebie - the first words in the synopsis are, "The night of the full moon...")

Vampires vs. Werewolves - Written in Red by Anne Bishop (got as a Christmas gift last year, thanks Kel!)

Supernatural - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (audiobook) by J.K. Rowling

Classic Horror - Dracula (audiobook) by Bram Stoker

Pumpkin - The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (audiobook) by Washington Irving

Set on Halloween - Bad Kitty by Cari Quinn (picked up last Halloween when it was a kindle freebie)

I purchased a few books specifically for this game: Ammie, Come Home, The Hound of the Baskervilles, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (bought as part of a collection), and Spook Lights: Southern Gothic Horror. My total cost for those books was $13.70. (I also purchased a Sherlock Holmes collection that contains The Adventure of the Speckled Band, but it was free)