stellarraven

The Secret Grave: A Hauntings Novel
Lois Ruby

(Audiobook) A Nearly Normal Family

A Nearly Normal Family - M.T. Edvardsson

This is going to be so hard to review without posting spoilers, but I'm going to try.

Eighteen year old Stella is accused of murdering a 32 year old man. By all appearances, she's a normal teenager from a normal family. Her father is a pastor, and her mother is a defense attorney.

This is psychological thriller is a bit of a slow burn that steadily ratchets up the tension and the suspense until I was sitting with both hands over my mouth on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what the verdict was going to be.

The story is played out via flashback and present day happenings via the perspectives of three narrators: Adam, the father (part 1), Stella, the daughter (part 2 & the epilogue), and Ulrika, the mother (part 3). I liked the differing perspectives as it really helped to flesh out each character, and explain why they made some of the choices they did.

The three audiobook narrators: Richard Armitage (Adam), Georgia Maguire (Stella), and Emily Watson (Ulrika), all were absolutely outstanding.

Oh, and I'd mentioned in a previous update about having an inkling about how things were going to go: I was mostly right, but also wrong about some details.