stellarraven

Jennifer's Books

Got books in the mail today!

I saw the first of this series on amazon awhile back, but the listed age range of 9-12 put me off buying it, because I was unsure if it was going to be too simplified for my taste. When my local library started offering the Hoopla app, I was pleased to see the first book was available to check out there. So, I checked it out, read it, and loved it. The second in the trilogy (I think it's a trilogy) came out a little over a week ago, and again Hoolpla had it, so I checked it out and loved it, too. I decided I liked them enough to add physical copies to my home library, so I hopped on amazon and used some of my hoarded gifcards to buy them.

They're lovely hardcover books. Look how pretty!

Second

Better World Books had a lightning sale--30% off 4 or more used books--and naturally I couldn't resist. Barricade in Hell is the second in a series I started several years back. I won the first on GR. I always intended to continue with the series, but never did. I watched and enjoyed The Alienist, so I decided I wanted to read the book. I've been meaning to try out the Amelia Peabody books for ages, so I thought, "Why not now?" I needed one more book, and I stumbled across the Heather Graham. She's kind of hit or miss for me, but I decided to go for it.