stellarraven

Scott Thomas, Bernard Setaro Clark
Progress: 89%
The Tales of Beedle the Bard
J.K. Rowling

Haven't been around much this week...

...because on Sunday, the keyboard tray/drawer on my computer desk finally broke beyond all possible repair. I knew it was going to happen eventually, because it broke before (I've had the desk a looooog time), and I managed to Frankenstein it back to a usable condition.

I ended up just purchasing a new desk from amazon. This is the one I got. I purchased it even knowing that a lot of people said they'd gotten broken pieces or had missing parts. It was in my price range, and I know that even buying a pressed wood item in the store can be a crap shoot, too. The desk I was replacing? When I first bought it (from Walmart) and got it home and opened it up, it had broken pieces in it, and I had to exchange it.

Plus, I was desperate.

Anyway, I'm getting off track. I ordered the desk, and in the meantime I set up my keyboard on a tv tray, but due to limited space in my bedroom, it made trying to use my computer extremely difficult, so after a day or two, I just quit trying.

The desk arrived on Thursday, and yesterday I put it together. I was so thrilled to open it and find that all pieces were present, plainly labeled, and in perfect condition. The diagram-only instructions did have me a bit nervous, but once I got to it, it was easy to assemble. Took me under two hours. I didn't install the top shelf as I have a hutch I salvaged off an even older computer desk than the one I was replacing, and didn't want to give that up. I need the space, lol. (btw, it's attached to the wall, so it's not in danger of falling on me.)