stellarraven

Jennifer's Books

The Picture of Dorian Gray (Dramatized)
Ian Hallard, Aysha Kala, Big Finish Productions, Oscar Wilde, Marcus Hutton, James Unsworth, Alexander Vlahos, Miles Richardson, David Llewellyn
Progress: 34%
Out of this World
J.D. Robb, Maggie Shayne, Susan Krinard, Laurell K. Hamilton
Progress: 92/357pages

2016 in Review - Highest Rated/Top 12

I either really liked most of the books I read this year, or I rated things on the higher end of the scale.

Anyway, these are my favorite 12 books of the year that were rated four or more stars. I also decided to only go with one book from any series I am reading. Otherwise, this would have been a whole lot longer.

Black Rose - Nora Roberts

Rating: 4.5 stars - Featuring a couple in their late 40's, which I found I appreciated a lot more now than when I did when I first read to book ten years ago. [x]

The Martian - Andy Weir,R.C. Bray

Rating: 5 stars - I absolutely LOVED this book! I laughed to the point of tears many times, and R.C. Bray has become one of my favorite audiobook narrators. [x]

And Then There Were None (The Agatha Christie Collection) - Agatha Christie

Rating: 4.5 stars - Classic Dame Agatha. I don't think anything more needs to be said. [x]

Leviathan Wakes - James S.A. Corey

Rating: 4 stars - Read because I watched The Expanse on SyFy and was curious about the source material. Ended up loving it. [x]

In Death: The First Cases (In Death Series) -

Rating: 5 stars - And I'm still kicking myself for not starting this series sooner. [x]

Breakout (The Dred Chronicles) - Ann Aguirre

Rating : 5 stars - A fitting end to a great trilogy. One I found my stepping outside my comfort zone. [x]

Dangerous - Amanda Quick

Rating: 4 stars - Amanda Quick novels = my literary comfort food [x]

Murder on the Orient Express: A Hercule Poirot Mystery - Agatha Christie,HarperAudio,Dan Stevens

Rating: 5 stars - Classic murder mystery made even better by Dan Stevens' excellent narration. [x]

Ravenwood - Margaux Gillis

Rating: 4 stars - A rare 'hit' in the world of kindle freebies, and look at that cover! [x]

Spook Lights: Southern Gothic Horror - Eden Royce

Rating: 4 stars - When I began, I'd intended to only read a couple stories. I instead read the whole thing in one sitting. [x]

Written in Red - Anne Bishop

Rating: 4 stars - I should have hated this book, but I didn't. I still don't understand it. [x]

Dark Desires  - Eve Silver

Rating: 4 stars - Another rare 'hit' in the world of Kindle freebies, I was pleasantly surprised by this one. [x]