stellarraven

Jennifer's Books

The Picture of Dorian Gray (Dramatized)
Ian Hallard, Aysha Kala, Big Finish Productions, Oscar Wilde, Marcus Hutton, James Unsworth, Alexander Vlahos, Miles Richardson, David Llewellyn
Progress: 34%
Out of this World
J.D. Robb, Maggie Shayne, Susan Krinard, Laurell K. Hamilton
Progress: 92/357pages

(Audiobook) Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express: A Hercule Poirot Mystery - Agatha Christie, HarperAudio, Dan Stevens

I absolutely loved this. So much so that I was in this sort of battle with myself: I wanted to hurry up and finish because I was absolutely stymied as to who the killer was and was dying to find out, and yet I wanted to slow down and make it last as long as possible because I was enjoying the story so damn much. In the end, I tried to keep myself to a chapter or two a night. I wasn't always successful, but I tried.

As this review is based on the audiobook version, I have to say something about the narrator, Dan Stevens. He was absolutely fantastic. He had a wide variety of accents and voices, and he did a great job voicing the female characters as well. I loved his 'Mrs. Hubbard', for example. He's definitely rocketed up to the top of my favorite narrators list.