stellarraven

J.D. Robb, Maggie Shayne, Susan Krinard, Laurell K. Hamilton
Progress: 92/357pages

Intrusion

Intrusion: A Novel - Mary McCluskey

This book was my Kindle First choice for the month of June.

Kat and Scott are a happily married couple left reeling by the death of their seventeen year old son in a car crash. As a way of trying to cope, Kate pretty much withdraws from the world while Scott throws himself into his work.

In the meantime, a former childhood friend of Kat's suddenly shows up, and inserts herself into Kat and Scott's lives. This friend has an agenda, and the results could be devastating to both Kat and Scott, and their marriage.

I wasn't sure what to expect with this book, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I'd only intended to start the book last night, but ended up reading the whole thing in a matter of a few hours. It's a well paced , fast read. I really felt for our two leads, Kat and Scott, and I found myself really wanting for this couple to be able to find some peace together.

I also liked the the author kind of kept me guessing as to where she was taking the story. Like, at one point, I was sure that a particular thing was going to happen, and when it didn't, I was so relieved.