stellarraven

Jennifer's Books

The Picture of Dorian Gray (Dramatized)
Ian Hallard, Aysha Kala, Big Finish Productions, Oscar Wilde, Marcus Hutton, James Unsworth, Alexander Vlahos, Miles Richardson, David Llewellyn
Progress: 34%
Out of this World
J.D. Robb, Maggie Shayne, Susan Krinard, Laurell K. Hamilton
Progress: 92/357pages

Harmony Black

Harmony Black (Harmony Black Series Book 1) - Craig Schaefer

This was my Kindle First selection for January.

For most of this book, I was leaning towards 2 1/2 to three stars, as it fell somewhere between, "it was ok," and "I like it," during that time Then, in the last third or so, it really picked up, and I could not put it down. I'm rating three and half stars, because I'd really rather books really hook me much sooner than that, but boy did I ever enjoy that last third.

I enjoyed the world the author built, and I especially enjoyed the interactions between Harmony and her partner, Jessie. (And two women as the lead investigative pair! Woo-hoo!) There was also a very tepid romance between Harmony and a Sheriff's Deputy, but as none of the characters had very much depth, I found I could not get very invested in it.

A potentially series-spanning arc was introduced in this novel, and I was just interested enough by the end of the book to consider reading further.